Sunday, August 17, 2008

Cape Mears Big Hill trumps Stone City Big Hill

Kitty and Sharon and Art have all ridden up the "big hill" at Stone City, Iowa and we are obnoxiously proud of that fact.  It is a short (maybe 0.5 miles) but steep hill. The hill is depicted in a Grant Wood painting that my bicycle club used as artwork for the club jersey. I wore the Stone City jersey on the third day of our Oregon adventure.  And I have to admit that the Cape Mears hill that John MacIntyre convinced us to climb was longer and tougher than the Stone City hill.  I was struggling to stay upright at 3 mph on the Cape Mears hill, and I have never pedaled so slow in Iowa. Good job, Oregon!!

--Art

1 comment:

PBC said...

Congrats on your trip up Cape Mears. YOu look fabulous in your Stone City Jersey. Looks like a great trip.